Do you wear contact lenses so you don’t have to wear glasses? They often provide better vision as you keep your appearance glasses-free. The one thing that contact lenses do not do is adequately protect your eyes against the sun. To protect your eyes from harmful UV rays, you need quality sunglasses from the experienced opticians in Oakville at Sanger Content Lens Centre.
Among different brands of contact lenses, there are some that filter more UV rays than others, but all leave part of your eye exposed to the sun. What you want to protect your eyes are sunglasses that filter out 99% or more of UV light. Failure to adequately protect your eyes can lead to skin cancer near the eye, macular degeneration, and even cataract formation.
Why Opticians In Oakville Offer Better Quality Sunglasses
You may think that since you have invested in contact lenses, you can pick some sunglasses at your local drugstore and obtain the protection you need. While you do not need prescription sunglasses if you have contacts that you wear outside, you should still buy quality sunglasses. Why?
• Some cheap sunglasses have the appearance of more costly designer frames, but the optics in the lenses may distort your vision and lead to headaches.
• Cheap sunglasses may not protect you from the maximum amount of UV rays. Just because sunglasses have dark lenses does not mean that they protect your eyes correctly.
• They may not protect you from glare, which can create distracting bright spots that hide objects.
• The coatings on cheap glasses are often thinner than on good quality glasses.
The problem is that unless your glasses are checked by your optician in Oakville, you won’t know whether the lenses offer you the protection you need.
Options For Contact Lens Wearers
If you are a contact lens wearer, you have two choices for dealing with protecting your eyes outside.
• First, you can obtain a pair of good quality sunglasses with durable frames and properly treated lenses that you can wear over your contacts – a great choice for everyday wear.
• Second, if you spend days on the beach, swim, or engage in certain other sports where your eyes might be exposed to dust or water, prescription sunglasses that you wear outside instead of your contacts are good option.
Whether you decide on prescription sunglasses or good quality non-prescription sunglasses, Sanger Contact lens Centre, trusted opticians in Oakville, are the place to go for quality eyewear. Just call us at (905) 845-4446 or, if you need an eye exam, schedule an appointment online.